The P.C.E.A Tumutumu Hospital provides preanesthetic evaluation for inpatients and anesthesiological care for all surgical patients including cardiac, general, pediatric, neurological, and orthopaedic patients. Patient care of the highest order is tailored to patient disease and surgical requirements as indicated.
The Main Operating Room Service also provides anesthesia care for nonoperative procedures throughout the hospital.
The Operating Room is responsible for providing a clinical setting equipped with progressive technology, providing current practices of surgery, anesthesia and Perioperative nursing.
The P.C.E.A Tumutumu Hospital Mortuary offers the following services;
· Embalming – it has the modern methods of preserving bodies. Other than using coolers, all bodies are embalmed.
· Reconstruction - is done on bodies which are badly mutilated due to accidents, in any attempts to give the body the original shape.
· Cleaning and Dressing - dressing is done by member of staff.
· Viewing of the bodies in the morgue
· Post Mortem - is done by a pathologist of one’s choice or requests the hospital to do arrangements for the same. Pathologist fee is negotiable. In case of an accident the post mortem is done by a police pathologist in presence of police officers dealing with the case. Burial permit is issued by the police pathologist
Note: Admitting Bodies in the Morgue
A burial permit is the standard document required for transporting bodies either to the morgue or burial site. In case a burial permit is not available a police letter complete with a stamp should be produced at the morgue. Please note that the police letter facilitates the transport to the morgue and therefore a burial permit should be acquired.
This department offers transport services for patients and visitors to our hospital from within the country and without. We offer pick up to and from the airport to our clients who come. These are transport services rendered;
· Ambulance services
· Hearse services
Our ambulance is state-of-the-art and fully equipped with all medical necessities and a 24-hour driver and ambulance nurse. The ambulance is utilized by the hospital’s patients and can also be used for rescue missions of other persons at a small fee.
The ambulances are cared for by experienced and talented ambulance officers who provide lifesaving medical treatment. They are one of the health system's greatest assets and are vital for delivering effective out of hospital care.
We provide 24-Hr emergency help during accidents, fires, and other disasters.
We provide patient transport and care to and from hospital appointments.
We provide you a standby ambulance as well as experienced and passionate emergency medical officers for safety of your events.
We are committed to providing you excellent services. Our hearse services are available for all funerals throughout the country.
Our hearse is driven by well trained and certified drivers.
Our hearse come equipped with the following equipment: Lowering Gear, Church Trolley, Public Address System, and Gazebo Tent (The gazebo tent is issued free with the hire of our hearse)